Guess who's playing Hamlet
I have it on very good authority that a high-profile production of Hamlet is in the works for next year. I won't come right out and say who's playing the gloomy prince... but I will give you the chance to guess!
Here's a hint... the actor was in The Coast of Utopia. Hey, that eliminates almost half of the actors in New York!

7 comments:
I can't really imagine it being high-profile with Jason Butler Harner as the star. Which is a shame, cause he's awesome. And would probably find a reason to get Hamlet nekkid.
I voted Martha, and I'm being completely serious. I doubt that it's her, but I think she would make THE BEST Hamlet.
How curious.
It has to be Hawke or Crudup, right? Cause everyone else is too old or too obscure. And I hate to be a negative nancy, but both those prospects are a little dull to me.
My money's on Crudup.
However, there is no doubt that Plimpton would be fantastic.
It probably will be Crudup...Hawke couldn't pull Hamlet off in the movie version, and if you can't do Hamlet on screen, you sure as hell can't do it on stage. However, I cast my vote for Josh Hamilton; he's the one that I would love to see in the part. Has Martha P. ever played Ophelia? I seems like such a natural fit for her, and she proved this summer that she's completely at home with Shakespeare...
is the theater community so celeb/starstruck that the notion of an ethan hawke hamlet is not met with immediate laughter? is it not patently obvious that master ethan is a severely limited actor? (admittedly, he did decent work in "coast"; the role of the poseur is well within his wheelhouse...)
then again, there *was* a keanu reeves hamlet way back when, so who knows?
It's Billy Crudup. Duh. He is going to be fantastic!Ethan Hawke has already done his Hamlet. I would love to see Jason Butler Harner's Hamlet. I have friends who saw his Hamlet in Dallas and said he was spectacular in a mediocre production. Maybe he'll be Horatio or Laertes to Billy's Dane. Martha could be Ophelia and play the grave digger which would be awesome.
Where will the production be? The Delacorte? LCT? Broadway? The Public proper?
Post a Comment