Frost/Nixon

I wish I had gotten around to posting my review of Frost/Nixon before the critic's reviews came out. Then I could have beaten Brantley to the punch in describing "the momentum of a ticking-bomb thriller and the zing of a boulevard comedy". Actually I probably would have just said that it's splashy and dark and zippy and intense and sad and funny. I really liked Frost/Nixon, and sort of saw it as a more fun, more palatable cousin of British import Democracy, another story about two important men's relationship and the precarious nature of power and the public eye. Frank Langella, whose mug is so recognizable, disappears into the Nixon persona, and Michael Sheen's effortlessness is delightful to watch. It's also incredibly impressive how deftly the actors navigate playing to both the last row of the audience (where I sat) and the extreme close-up of the onstage television cameras.
I was profoundly moved by

1 comment:
There's an impeachment rally all over the US this Saturday- including an Impeachment Fair at Central Park! http://www.a28.org/ for more info...
Post a Comment