Little Mermaid casting + Dennehy's boozin'

It's been crazybusy here in the office, and I've had very little time to blog, sadly. So all I have time to say is this:
1) Full casting has been announced for The Little Mermaid, and I'm so happy that Heidi Blickenstaff has been cast. She did the first reading of the Prairie musical for director Francesca Zambello, and it's cool that Francesca invited her onboard for this. Sean Palmer (a.k.a. Stanford's hot boyfriend on Sex and the City) is playing Prince Eric, and he also plays Almanzo Wilder in Prairie (he was pretty great up at NY Stage & Film). I love [title of show], I love Heidi, and I weirdly love that Francesca Zambello.
2) This New York interview with Brian Dennehy and Christopher Plummer is not at all about Inherit the Wind, barely about anything serious, and totally fuckin fantastic:
BD: I’m in London two years ago and I bump into Ray Davies of the Kinks. And he says, “Hi!” and I say, “Ray! It’s a pleasure to meet you.” And he says, “What ya mean, fuckin’ meet me? We fuckin’ sat on a fuckin’ airplane from Los Angeles all the way to fuckin’ London and drank about three fuckin’ bot’les o’ Scotch.”and later:
BD: I was doing Trumbo once. About a blacklisted writer, attracted primarily Upper West Side intellectuals, an audience of a certain age. And we had an older man one night who had a bowel movement. We didn’t even know it at the time. All of a sudden, the crowd had a reaction."That show was so great I crapped my pants" will never sound the same.

2 comments:
3 of my favorite things in 1 post!!! I win!
My crush on Christopher Plummer has skyrocketed in the last week, since catching Sound of Music on tv and also (embarrassingly enough) catching him on The Lakehouse which was on HBO last night.
Brian Dennehy is a god.
There is no better movie than The Little Mermaid. And never try to tell me otherwise. (I can't wait for the show!)
I try hard not to crap my pants while attending the theatre, but if he's doing it, then it must be cool...right?
Post a Comment