Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart."

Oh my god. ABC now has full episodes of My So-Called Life online. If you can't sit down and watch them right this second, enjoy these quotes. There are no words for how much I loved that show.

"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, "How was that drive-by shooting?" You don't care how it *was*, you're lucky to get out alive."

"It had become the focus of everything. It was all I could feel, all I could think about. It blotted out the rest of my face, the rest of my life. Like the zit had become... the truth about me."

"Sometimes I think if my mother wasn't so good at pretending to be happy she might be better at actually being happy."

"It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it's even you?"

*sigh*

5 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW. Everyone lately has been talking about how they just bought this on DVD. ABC must have seen how popular it was and put it online. I am DYING to watch now!

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes I think if my mother wasn't so good at pretending to be happy she might be better at actually being happy."

Your mother says WTF! And this is no your mother joke...

Moxie said...

Oh jesus christ, now my mother is commenting on my blog.

Mom, it's a quote from the tv show, a show that's all about the teenage experience. Every teenager perceives their mother as constantly feigning perfect happiness, that's the point. I promise it's not about you. Though I will admit that when I was 15, that line had some, uh, resonance :-D

Anonymous said...

hey mox are you familiar with the famous ee cummings statement that goes with one of your little thingies right now? Here is the statement: "To be nobody, but myself - - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting."

Nicole said...

It's ok Mox. My boyfriend's mom reads my blog.