Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Godspell Cancelled

BREAKING: The Godspell revival has been cancelled. Cast members were informed last night - get this - via mass email!! What a terrible lost opportunity for some wonderful talents, including Gavin Creel, Sara Chase, and director Danny Goldstein. Terrible!


Update 8/14/08: Still no official press release, but Reidel says "There is no Godspell," because producer Adam Epstein was short $1 million of the production's $4.5 million cost. I snapped the photo above this morning, pretty ironic...

More Updates 8/14/08: Bixby Elliot has some interesting notes on a whole social networking aspect of this story. Bixby says, "Many in the theatrical community felt the rumors were confirmed yesterday when director Danny Goldstein posted on his Facebook page the following status: 'I think I'll move to Australia.' " A commenter on Bixby's blog, Two on the Aisle, added, "Diana's Myspace status read "Diana DeGarmo is searching for answers" and yesterday Gavin Creel's Facebook read that he was trying to find his drawing board."

No comments: