Questionable Cover Letter #2

The below Questionable Cover Letter was sent to a friend of mine. I won't share my friend's name, but you bet I'll share the letter he received:
[Name Withheld], it was an absolute pleasure speaking fast with you... This is me and my working headshot. Again my apologies on not carrying it with me last nite but then again I've always been known to break the routine of things. Ask around about me, and if you like what you hear, give a call. I need a "pusher" [Name Withheld] and you seem like a breath of fresh air. Be well and hope to hear from you...
Yes, you will be hearing from [Name Withheld] soon! [Name Withheld] is looking for new clients who "break the routine of things," and nothing shakes things up like ill-preparedness and spelling errors! [Name Withheld] will "ask around" about you, just as soon as he figures out who to ask. You need a pusher and [Name Withheld] is ready to do just that!
**************************
Questionable Cover Letters is a new tradition on Moxie the Maven, in which Moxie will provide illuminating examples of what not to write in the cover letter that will accompany your headshot. If you have received a Questionable Cover Letter, don't be shy! Send it along to moxiethemaven [at] yahoo [dot] com.

3 comments:
Wow! I was going to send you the emails I get from publicists telling me how much they love my blog, but you probably get them too.
Oh yes, I get them all, and sadly, barely get to any of the shows.
That's nuts! I sent this same letter to a drug dealer I was hoping to work with.
Post a Comment