The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 does not suck

I caught The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 last night (along with all the tweens in Queens), and well, okay I'll just come out and say it, I liked it! It's fun and funny and adorable, and while it's totally candy-coated, it's rooted in reality in a few important places. The four girls aren't perfect by any means, they mess up and make mistakes and have to take responsibility for it. And how refreshing to see a movie starring four young starlets who aren't all a size zero, and who still are confident and funny and gorgeous and perfectly capable of attracting awesome guys. Will this movie change your life? No, duh. But it's got Amber Tamblyn workin' at the Two Boots Video Store, Shohreh Aghdashloo (from House of Sand and Fog and 24!), and a smorgasboard of sexy multi-cultural men to ogle. Take Jezebel's word for it:
[Director Sanaa Hamri] handled the story of four smart young women dealing with romantic, familial and working relationships really well... A movie directed by a woman, written by a woman, based on books written by a woman, starring young women with minorities and older women as supporting cast? Give it a chance. Or at least rent it when it comes out on DVD.And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I like pretty much anything Blake Lively does. New season of Gossip Girl starts September 1st, here's a little something to tide you over until then.

No comments:
Post a Comment