Happy Valentines Day or whatever
Single or not, Valentine's Day is a crappy holiday. The weather is shitty, if you're single you're depressed, and if you're in a relationship, odds are that your lofty expectations (surprise bouquets at the office, private jet to Rio) won't be realized.
That's why I love Jan Maxwell so much. From Theatermania's Vday piece on leading ladies' romantic experiences:
TM: What was your best romantic experience?
JM: I've never had a romantic experience. I could count the lovers on one hand and cut off a few fingers. One time, I met a guy. I set out silk sheets, with rose petals and
lingerie. He never showed up. That would have been the best time.
TM: What was your worst romantic experience?
JM: That involved a gun. A stun gun -- and the first time is sort of rough. There also
was a ferret involved.
TM: What's your ideal romantic experience?
JM: If the man would show up.
God bless that woman.

2 comments:
Amazing post. I'm still laughing.
I need to learn to stop bringing firearms and wildlife to Jan's apartment. Old habits die hard, I guess. And she was definitely into it the first time.
Post a Comment