Knocked Up - Summer's Best Horror Film
Knocked Up was damn funny. Seth Rogen is spot-on as the hapless pothead who can't believe his luck when he manages to bed (and impregnate) Katherine Heigl, and she, in return, proves every bit the comic leading lady that she's always been, ever since My Father The Hero. (What? I'm serious.) I felt a bit innundated with the hype the movie's getting, maybe because I've been reading Vulture, which seems to dedicate about 1 in 5 posts to Knocked Up or Judd Apatow. It's not quite as shockingly funny or as unexpectedly sweet as The 40-Year-Old Virgin, but it's a pretty great flick nonetheless.
HOWEVER. Ladies, beware. Once the chortles subsided, I found myself reacting to this movie as if it were Hostel II - this shit is scary, y'all! To be more specific, unplanned pregnancy is scary. My roommate and I nervously shuffled around the apartment after the movie, both vowing that from now on, we'll be even more extra-super-careful in our adventures in reproductive-behavior-land. I wonder how many other young women sat in the dark theater, fretting and worrying while their dates laughed their asses off.
I wonder which will be scarier, this, or Bug. Probably Bug. But this scared me pretty bad.

5 comments:
You know, if you and your roommate got it on together, you wouldn't have to worry about 'pregnancy terrors'--just my two cents. Haha, you can delete this comment now.
you're always so spot on moxie. i can't wait to see knocked up. ps.- loved bug! and i love you!
mox you are one funny gal, like the previous comment person said, spot on every single time! I think that truth has taken up residence at the maven's place.
Great Article! Thank You!
Thanks to author! I like articles like this, very interesting.
Post a Comment