Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sayonara, Dr. McDouchebag!


I'm a little late on this news, but it seems that the powers that be at ABC have come to their senses, and Isaiah Washington has been given the axe from Grey's Anatomy. Get a load of this, via People:

Howard Bragman, Washington's publicist, says Washington's option was not renewed, and released this statement from the actor: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more."
Yikes!!! I'm hoping, for his sake, that the statement is nothing more than a really ill-considered joke. Could he possibly be serious??

Officials at ABC television studios have declined to comment, probably not wanting to admit that he was fired because of the homophobia/anger disaster earlier this season. At this point, they could always use the old "the story was going in a different direction, etc etc" BS, though it would be nice to hear the network give an honest, decisive answer that homophobia and hatred simply cannot be tolerated.

This news comes only a few weeks after Washington's PSA aired during episodes of Grey's. In case you missed it, his speech went something like, "Words have power. The power to express love, happiness and joy. They also have the power to heal." Uh huh. Watch the PSA here.

No comments: