Perhaps a Tony for casting isn't too far behind...
Award season just ended, and already the Tony committee is releasing news of two new categories for next season: Best Sound Design of a Play, and Best Sound Design of a Musical. Looks like people were listening to Michae Mayer's acceptance speech. I'm all for more Tony awards. Theater is so collaborative, there are lots of creative roles that deserve recognition.
If they're adding two awards for Sound Design, I think a few more ought to be added, too. How about giving separate awards for music and lyrics? Best Ensemble awards would be interesting. On the other hand, for god's sake, don't let's lengthen the awards show even more. Thoughts?

4 comments:
Best Ensemble is a really great idea.
Did I call it? Yep, I totally called it!
--"anonymous reader" again
Great Article! Thank You!
Thanks to author! I like articles like this, very interesting.
Post a Comment