I've Got A Golden King Lear Ticket!

Here's a story for all y'all who knock All That Chat. Yeah, a lot of the posters on it are cracktards with an axe to grind, but when you have a desk job, reading has it's perks. Embarassing it is, I will admit that I check ATC several times a day. This is mostly due to how slow it's been at the office lately. I've also taken to reading the finance section of the Times and writing snarky letters to the editor of the Village Voice (increasingly stupid these days, isn't it?). I am bored.
So a few weeks ago, I noticed that someone had just posted "King Lear ticket on Shoppin' Broadway". Well! I jumped on the post, and immediately emailed the guy, begging and pleading (in a classy, dignified way, of course) for the prize to be mine. Though he preferred to trade the ticket for another performance, he agreed that if he was unable to trade it, the ticket would be mine! Lo and behold, nobody volunteered to trade tickets, and we agreed to meet. After stern warnings from my boss about men who prey on young women seeking off-broadway theater tickets, yesterday in front of the Forbidden Broadway theater, I handed over a wad of cash in exchange for one very beautiful and altogether real ticket. I embark on my journey to LearLand February 28th. Whoopee!!!

2 comments:
See, that's why it's worth subscribing to the Public. I know we poor nonprofit theatre slaves can't afford subscriptions, but it's so worth it.
I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning the day the tix went on sale to score a pair for 2/16. Totally worth it, I'm sure.
Post a Comment