Monday, January 29, 2007

Romeo and Juliet at the Delacorte this summer


The ever-delightful Rocco over at What Blows has got a great scoop - The Public announced EPAs for this summer's production of Romeo and Juliet in the park. Now begins the guessing game of who will be cast. Rocco's top picks include John Gallagher Jr. and Alison Pill, and I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who would be better.

As long as it's not that hacktress Emmy Rossum, the Moxie she is very pleased.

CORRECTION: The JG Jr. & Alison Pill idea was, of course, Jamie's. Many kudos to Jamie! Spread the word and start the grassroots campaign: "Theater Bloggers for the Casting of Alison and JG Jr."

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Just because it's the only good idea I've ever had, I have to take credit for the Alison Pill/JG Jr. idea.

And, seriously, can you make this happen? If enough of us blog it, will it come true?

Nicole said...

Emmy Rossum would inspire me to begin violent protests. And violent vomiting.

How about Celia Keenan-Bolger? She would rock my world.

Moxie said...

Sorry, Jamie, I just realized it was your original idea.

If I worked at the Public, I would be bending everybody's ear about it, but unfortunately, I don't. Let's start an internet campaign! If the public demands it, they MUST listen!

"Theater Bloggers for the Casting of Alison and JG Jr." Stay tuned for t-shirts and petitions.

Jaime said...

Thanks, M. I'm trying to figure out not-weird ways to get the bug in Michael Greif's ear.

Cameron Kelsall said...

Samantha Soule for Juliet.

Please.

Anonymous said...

I am strongly in favor of Alison Pill doing anything.

(Especially me.)