Wallace Shawn Presents the Classiest One-Man Show Ever
Just got a staff offer for tickets to The Fever tonight. Sadly, I must decline as I am already committed to seeing Mary Poppins tonight... alls I'm sayin' is that house better do pirouettes on it's shutters or I'm walking out. Anyway the offer reads:
We’ve been offered tickets to see the new Wallace Shawn play THE FEVER tonight. The show is at 8pm at the Acorn Theatre on Theatre Row. (It’s recommended that you arrive between 7:30 and 7:45pm to enjoy a glass of champagne with Mr. Shawn onstage before the performance starts.)Is there a post-show scotch-and-cigar hour with Wally in the Theatre Row lounge, too? Don't forget your spats!

3 comments:
I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BUT EVERY TIME I CHECK OUT WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN I HEAR A VOICE, SAYING: "THAT MOXIE IS A DAMN FINE WOMAN AND I WANTS TO MARRY HER!" "I WANTS TO MOVE IN WITH HER IN A LITTLE WHITE HOUSE ON A CUTE STREET AND SHE CAN SLEEP IN A YELLOW BEDROOM." HOZO HOZONO
Wait, what? That makes it sounds like Wally will be drinking with the audience before the show.
That can't be a good idea.
...On second thought, maybe that's a great idea.
He does it before every show. The ads usually call it a "sip" of champagne to make it clear that he's not getting wasted before performing.
Post a Comment