Friday, January 05, 2007

Moxie warned you...


And now it's happening: Nicole Kidman is definitely making the Rabbit Hole movie. David Lindsay-Abaire will pen the screenplay. Since you already know how I feel about Kidman herself in the role, I at least hope they consider keeping on Tyne Daly, Mary Catherine Garrison, John Slattery, and John Gallagher Jr (or Spring Awakening's resident rock star, as I like to call him). The rest of the ensemble was every bit as good as Cynthia Nixon was, and it would be so cool to see these frequent theater folks onscreen.

I also really hope Lindsay-Abaire spares us from a dramatic flashback to the accident itself. The play was so strong in what it didn't show us, as well as what it did show us, and losing that could turn the story into a classic lifetime drama.

As snarky as I may be about Kidman as an actress, kudos to her for taking the play under the wing of her production company, Blossom Films, and getting it made. Let's just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the Proof movie.

Seriously, though, Nicole -- what's with the weird lips? No more plastic surgery until 2010 at the earliest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I [heart] Moxie.